(30th April 2021) Mr. Mario Maurer, a famous actor in Thailand came and joined in donating blood at the National Blood Centre of the Thai Red Cross Society in order to help patients during the blood shortage crisis from the current COVID-19 pandemic. Mr. Maurer has also registered to volunteer for stem cell donation to collect blood samples for HLA tissue testing as another opportunity for patients with blood diseases who are waiting on stem cell transplants from donors with the same type of tissue.
“Just one blood sample can give someone a second chance at life.”
For people who are interested in registering to donate stem cells, you can sign up along with donating blood for further collection of blood samples for HLA biopsy at:
- The National Blood Centre of the Thai Red Cross Society, Tel 0 2256 4300
- The 3th Regional Blood Centre in Chonburi Province, Tel 0 3827 8905
- The 5th Regional Blood Centre in Nakhon Ratchasima, Tel 0 4493 8938
- The 6th Regional Blood Centre in Khon Kaen, Tel 0 4342 4630-1
- The 10th Regional Blood Centre in Chiang Mai, Tel 0 5341 8983-90