Mr. Jirayu (James) Tangsrisuk, a famous actor has joined in donating blood at the National Blood Center of the Thai Red Cross Society after 3 months of his prior blood donation. This time, he also registered as a volunteer to donate stem cells for the National Blood Center to collect blood samples to determine the compatibility of his HLA tissue for possible patients with blood diseases. This would increase the chances of finding a match for a stem cell transplant which could give patients with blood diseases a chance at a new life. Stem Cell transplantation is another opportunity for patient with various blood diseases to get treatment that could permanently cure them if a HLA tissue match is found.
“Just one blood sample can give someone a second chance at life.”
For people who are interested in registering to donate stem cells, you can sign up along with donating blood for further collection of blood samples for HLA biopsy at:
- The National Blood Centre of the Thai Red Cross Society, Tel 0 2256 4300
- The 3th Regional Blood Centre in Chonburi Province, Tel 0 3827 8905
- The 5th Regional Blood Centre in Nakhon Ratchasima, Tel 0 4493 8938
- The 6th Regional Blood Centre in Khon Kaen, Tel 0 4342 4630-1
- The 10th Regional Blood Centre in Chiang Mai, Tel 0 5341 8983-90